Saturday, December 4, 2010

company holiday party: 3 views

Pessimist
I blew it; after all this good progress the past week, I lost my will-power. I overate in general (including fried shrimp!) and even put the literal nail in the coffin by having a piece of roll cake for dessert. All that work up until now, erased in a couple of hours of stupid, short-sighted self-indulgence.

Optimist
Well done! A hotel banquet hall full of tables piled high with amazing food, and I displayed amazing self-control. I stuck to salads (shredded carrots and radish, sliced tomato, minimal or no dressing), vegetables (mainly mushrooms, some mini tomatoes, carrots, and greens), and fresh fruit slices from the dessert buffet. Passed on all carbs, and proteins were mainly seafood. I allowed myself a small piece of roll cake, which wasn't actually very good and turned me off from bothering with other desserts. Even after several plates of food, I stopped well before I felt uncomfortably stuffed.

Realist
I ate some things according to plan, left room for the inevitable break-down of will-power, and averaged out about even. Didn't have much lunch; kids' holiday party at school in the morning and then to work in the afternoon, so calorie-wise the day was probably about right. Did my exercise in the early morning, too.
I was sensible, indulged, I managed well, I had fun, I could have done better, I don't feel guilty, I will be fine.

1 comment:

Share yer wisdom!