Thursday, December 16, 2010

thirsty

Too many damn bonenkai (End of Year Parties)!
Last night was the final office dinner for all the juniors: pizza. My nemesis.
I did well this time: started with a big plate of vegetables, skipped the garlic dough balls entirely, and didn't eat the crust. Still had too many slices, but at least I wasn't puking and dying.
However, I did wake up really, REALLY thirsty. I have been so detoxed from salt since PCP that eating anything like "normally salty" pizza really feels nasty afterwards. My tongue feels like it's kind of inflated and dry, and my throat is scratchy, but drinking lots of water just makes me feel bloated.
Ick.
Anyway I Manned Up this morning, got up at 5am, checked some email, and knocked out the workout from 6am-7am. Jumping rope actually felt great; haven't been jumping but instead running, so it was nice for a change for a change. Rest of the workout was fine: kung-fu push-ups are the new Suck. For the plank, decided to just go nuts and do the whole 3 minutes 20 seconds as one long, painful slog through abdominal and back/shoulder hell. Shadow-boxing felt pretty good, too, though I definitely get into some routines subconsciously that I need to mix up more. Also managed to sit for about 15 minutes before my kids woke up and demanded my presence at the breakfast table.

Have ANOTHER bonenkai tonight, at my boss's house. Will take the family which should help distract me from all the amazing food that will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share yer wisdom!