Thursday, December 9, 2010

git some!

Did my weekly workout with Patrick: awesomeness. Knocked out the first set of 10 pull-ups easy, the next 10 doable, and the last 10 to utter failure.
Checking the numbers was interesting. Weight is up slightly, muscle is up, fat is down. I weigh several kilos more than I did when I finished PCP back in March, but my abs are more distinct and my waist is about the same. Patrick's theory is that on KFB, first I saw some serious weight-loss and muscle gain because I was in PCP-mode. But then I wasn't really exercising those PCP muscles, instead focusing on the core, inner stuff. So the weight crept back up, but now finally I am really seeing and feeling the results.
Words cannot describe the awesomeness of a solid core. Past couple weeks I have been walking to and from work; 45 minutes each way. Tonight I walked home (munching on a baked sweet potato), after running 3 klicks and doing my KFB workout at the gym.
Actually a couple days ago at the gym at lunch I saw something rare: a guy doing what looked like a reasonable workout. He was alone, no headphones on, moving through his sets unhurriedly yet with determination and efficiency. Resistance band pull-downs, tricep dips, kung-fu sits...he checked the clock between each set, strictly adhering to his alloted breaks, and never once looked at the clock or drank water or talked to anyone. Except me, since I noticed he had a folded up piece of paper with pictures of Patrick.
"PCP?" I asked.
"Yup." he replied. "Day 85."
"One of Fish's guys? Thought so. I'm KFB."
And off he went to finish his abs before heading back to work.
After showering, when I was getting changed I noticed my back. I was most surprised on PCP by how much back definition I got, but now I seem to have more. I guess all those pull-ups and punches are doing something, because my back and shoulders have all kinds of stuff going on. I mean, I ain't knocking PCP at all, but KFB is a whole new level!
Just over a week to go; gotta keep the faith. Daughter's birthday this weekend, but we actually celebrated last weekend, so I won't be too tempted. Work dinner on Wednesday of next week, but I am in charge of the food, so I will order pizza for the posse and a nice plate of veggies for myself. It's good to be in charge.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the distinctness of a PCPer. Ha!

    You know what else is great about KFB? The workouts are so much more enjoyable. My core is solid and strong, plus I enjoyed every minute of getting it there, well, almost every minute. This is what I keep telling the folks thinking of starting in January. I can't wait to get home today and go crazy on that ping pong ball.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!