Thursday, September 23, 2010

at homebase

Went to see Patrick at YogaGarden. Ran thru the workout and then did some of the baseline metrics: 84 punches average, and a vertical jump just to the line in the concrete on the balcony wall. Looked pretty high from standing there looking up. We'll see how much higher it gets.
Weight came down a bit, as to be expected since I am no longer on vacation in Cali, binging on froyo every night and sitting in cars all day. Don't expect as dramatic a change as PCP but would like to get back down to visible-sixpackness and keep it there.
Was pleasantly surprised that I knocked out 8 pullups no help first set, then 5, 3, and 1. Pretty confident I can get that first set up to 10 consistently by the end of KFB.
Crappy rainy weather so after lunch in Chinatown we went home.

5 comments:

  1. Ren - sounds like you're well on the way to 6packness. Is photographing meals the typical thing? Something from the previous program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kind of anal about total transparency re. food. Otherwise I drift towards cheating. Not required, but I find it helps, and keeps me honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing your meals. Actually, it makes me rather jealous that you can go out and get decently healthy food. It's a struggle to eat out healthy here. I'm diligent about planning meals ahead nowadays b/c of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing Japan has over the USA is a lack of the USA diet. Very few things are covered in cheese, for example. However, LOTS of frying, and everything has too much salt (because of the soy usually.) But tons of fresh veggies and fish proteins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To play devil's advocate, I'm actually impressed by how much fresh, tasty, and cheap food I can get here in California. I'm actually a big, big fan of Fresh & Easy (Tesco's attempt to break into the US market). Fruits and veggies are farm to store in 24-hour and it's like $0.98 for a bag of some of the best oranges I've ever had (we're right next to Orange County so we should at least get that right). It's like having a farmer's market whenever I go to the store ;p

    Fruit just gets so prohibitively expensive in Japan...I know that I cut back when I was out there...

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!