Thursday, September 30, 2010

snacktime


Instead of the usual photo of my fruit parts and decaf, I'd like to introduce you to my two favorite work items: my moleskine notebook, and my Pilot Feed GP-4 Superfine pen.
The Moleskine is standard black hardcover, graph paper, B5 size. Been using them for the past few years and it's my sixth, though a couple of times I tried different sizes/styles.
This is just the right size, and one lasts about a year, depending on how busy I am and how many meetings I have (where I take prolific notes.) This one was a re-gift; someone got one from NYSE Euronext, who had these customized with their logo in the cover. As I've only got a few more blank pages left, I already bought my next one. Went for the same size, but red. Just because.
Otherwise known as the BKG-35R-NCEF, the pen is the epitome of Japanese over-engineering. Four colors: red, green, blue, and black. All are in the finest ballpoint size I could find; 0.5mm. Super smooth writing, incredibly thin lines that are responsive yet quick-drying; key for a lefty like me who always drags his hand through whatever he just wrote, smearing anything but the fastest drying ink. Only problem is that the rubber grip has seen better days.
And by the way my fruit had a few pieces of prune mixed in with the banana slices, apple, and pear bits.

1 comment:

Share yer wisdom!