Sunday, September 26, 2010

week one: done!

Yesterday I went to the weekly Dogen Sangha sitting, which I hadn't attended in forever. Needed it; sometimes it's really helpful to do my zazen in a room full of other people. Not a whole lot of interaction, but still the concept of a bunch of people doing something together (sitting, exercising, etc.) helps me motivate and stay focused.
Slept in nicely this morning, got up and did the jumps and a long stretch, whilst folding my daughter's laundry and looking through a couch catalogue before breakfast (I have love looking at furniture, though in actuality I rarely sit ON it, but usually just sit in front of it on the floor and lean on it.)
Curious to see what the diet will be next week. First week was fairly easy, in the sense that I am still very much keeping my good habits from PCP; mainly steamed veggies and fruit and protein. I probably eat too much fruit, but considering it's not potato chips or cookies, I forgive myself. Also pretty minimal on the carbs, too, so again no big deal. Don't really miss them, I just replace them with veggies and protein. So for example when I go to yakiniku, instead of eating my grilled meat with a bowl of rice, I have a bunch of salads and wrap up the meat in leaves. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share yer wisdom!