Tuesday, September 21, 2010

day 2 deep thoughts

I remember well enough from PCP that I would be foolish to say these first couple of days have been easy; I am quite sure the difficulty will ramp up quickly and painfully. However I am glad to discover that I am not so completely out of shape post-PCP that I can't knock out tens of kicks and punches, inclined pull-ups, sit-ups, tri-dips, and jumps with relative ease.
Plus it feels really, really good to be back in a routine. In the morning I flip to today's workout on the iPod, grab the new hotness, clear some toys off the floor, and get down to business.
Plus last night was awesome because my son LOVES watching me jump, and my daughter joined me doing the stretches, showing me how much more flexible she is at three than I am at 38. And finally my son enjoys climbing onto whatever body part I am trying to work/stretch, adding his hefty 13 kilos to the load. He would have been thrown across the room long ago if he wasn't so damn cute, cackling with glee as he looks up at me with that whatcha-gonna-do-about-it grin.
Foodwise I am still relatively disciplined, at least Monday-Friday. Any carbs I have usually comes at breakfast, but since we ran out of bagels and Maruichi is closed for the month of September (WTF?), I have been going carbless in the AM. If I eat a lunch bento it's generally just a huge pile of steamed veggies and whatever protein I have on hand. Same for dinner.
Weekends I have not been disciplining myself; just enjoying eating whatever, usually out with the family. That, plus the occasional (daily) Starbucks being a soy chai latte instead of a decaf coffee, has done its part to add to the tightness of the waistband.
But such frivolty is hereby banished! FTSP in full effect -- Jenn's Killaz is an army, readying for an urban assault on my fat lazy ass! The invasion has begun, and it will be blogg'd in near real time. Stay tuned, the fun has barely begun.

2 comments:

  1. Truly an army. Pink robots are dangerous. We must be at the tip-top to defeat them. PCP and KFB, now THAT'S true basic training. I wish I could make you all come to ballet with me, too! If you hated the ballet, you'd at least love staring at my strikingly gorgeous Brazilian instructor.

    Thanks for the meditation tips. I agree, I won't spend much time other than tidying the room. I've got lots of old pillows to settle my bum on. Still, that old crap needs to go. It's been sitting there for months b/c I'm too lazy to take the time to run the stuff to goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the endless vertical pictures of food in 3, 2, 1....

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!