Thursday, September 30, 2010

pancake breakfast

Leftover wheat pancakes, veggie-egg.

I kind of want this week to end, as I am looking forward to (hoping for) fewer carbs; after PCP I really got used to eating far fewer carbs, and way, way WAY more fruit. Probably a decent sugar for sugar trade off; if I'm gonna eat too much, it might as well be watery and fiber-rich fruit as opposed to carbo-loading.

Anyway somebody was channeling the Jumping God this morning, as my brothers and sisters knocked out near perfect jumps and killed a rope, and I cranked through 630 jumps without one trip...only stopped after the first 150 to scratch my nose, then fired right back up again. I notice when I jump for long, long stretches like that it's not my legs that get tired, it's my arms. The outside of my upper arms, specifically. I concentrate on keeping my shoulders relaxed, arms comfortably down and out to my sides, just using the slightest wrist movement to keep the rope spinning in time with the jumps. Obviously my arms are doing subtly more work than I suspected. Cool. I like tricking myself into working harder.

On a final note: Twisted Down Dog WTF? I can sort of do a decent Down Dog; we do about a million of them in the Yoga class at the gym down the street from work that I've been going to every Monday at lunch for a few months now. But twisted? Trying to keep my fingers wide, shoulders relaxed, head down...it just feels ugly and forced and wobbly and sketchy. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, I haven't tried the Twisted Down Dog yet. I feel like everything new I try nowadays feels ugly, forced, wobbly and sketchy, might as well add something else to the list.

    RE: Breaking the rope. I left it in the rain a couple times. The metal ball joint things that made it swing smoothly rusted a bit and caused the plastic rope to twist more than it could handle. It just broke right out of the handle. I think my new leather one will be much sturdier. I shooting for at least a year on the new one, perhaps she needs a name....

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!