Tuesday, November 9, 2010

motivation: an admittance

Yes, I am happily married and have been with my lovely wife for over 15 years.
I also have not one but two totally awesome kids.
On top of that, a job that pays well and that mentally challenges me on a regular basis.
BUT.
The Kinda Chubby And Short But Always Kills It On The Treadmill During Her Breaks Hottie Who Works At The Gym is still a hottie.
So last night when she was helping some old guy stretch, and I was on the mats next to them doing my planks, instead of doing five wimpy sets of 35 seconds, I just manned up and did one three minute plank.
Seemed like a good enough idea.
Was fine for the first minute and a half.
Next thirty seconds hurt. Mostly shoulders though.
Yeah! Check out my rock solid core! Go me!
Last minute, I was shaking so hard I think I spilled all the drinks in Starbucks downstairs.
Last 30 seconds, I do believe I was wimpering.
But I can't be sure, since someone had heated several thick iron poles to white-hotness and proceeded to slide them slowly, at various angles, into my abdomen.
At least my shoulders didn't hurt anymore.
When I collapsed in a heap after three minutes, as I winced and quivered attempting to do a little cobra strech or upward puppy or something to relieve some of the pain, she glanced over at me and gave me a little Gosh-that-looks-painful-you-poor-guy pouty smile.
So yeah, she was massively impressed, and my manliness was appropriately invigorated.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, the plank is the least impressive looking exercise in the entire Kung Fu Body, and only those who have done it know how hard it is, but because it is so hard and unimpressive looking no one does it except us.

    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I have collapsed in a laughing, whimpering ball of tears after PCP planks. Maybe it's time for me to pull the 90 second planks back in for a guest appearance, just for old time's sake.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!