Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big pre-onsen breakfast

Eggs with tomato and mushrooms, herb chicken, kimchi, fruit and soy yoghourt smoothie, real coffee!
Got me some actual caffeine -- daughter woke up at 4:30 all excited to get on the train and go to Nagano. So we got up and she had some cereal whilst I did my workout. WTF is up with jumping sidekicks? I distinctly remember doing these Bruce Lee bad-ass, knocking 50 kilo heavy bags into the wall...20 years ago in college. Ow. Oldness...
So this three-day weekend we are heading up to Nagano to stay at an onsen and check out the local castle and crafts and whatnot. Will bring my rope to do Sunday's jumps and can stretch easy enough. Will do Monday's workout after I come back to Tokyo. Food will be all traditional Japanese, so I'll just skip most of the carbs (white rice) and have reasonable quantities of fish and veggies. Plus Nagano is Apple Central for Japan, and it's harvest season.
It's also pissing rain and will do so all weekend. Should make logistics tricky, but then again going anywhere with two kids, a stroller, and an army's worth of luggage is "tricky". At least grandma and grandpa are coming with; helps with the kids immensely.

1 comment:

  1. Are you back? How was your weekend?

    I like jumping side kicks. I just like jumping kicks in general. Even when they're messy, I feel like a badass.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!