Wednesday, October 6, 2010

gettin' twiggy wid it

During one of my stupendously ungraceful jumping kicks this morning, I think I over-extended my left leg or something. Back of my left thigh feels twiggy; kinda sore and like it won't stretch out.
Finished the exercises ok and actually felt good stretching it out.
Then at lunch I went to fighting and it continued to feel twiggy, and now my legs are tired and it feels not right. Doesn't hurt, just feels like I am trying to stretch it and it won't stretch. I suspect what I need to do is take it easy for a couple of days, sit in a hot bath, and stretch it out.
Wouldn't necessarily classify this as a debilitating injury, but I will skip running until next week just to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. Same with me, too. My jump kicks are just so messy and uncoordinated right now. I've definitely felt a bit tighter, even twiggy, in certain areas of my right leg. The cooler weather that's moved in isn't helping. Think I might have to institute some daily warm/hot soaks before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strained muscle. Protein and sleep is all you can do.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!