Thursday, October 14, 2010

sore

Left shoulder is pretty sore. Not sure what I did; maybe just fatigued from all the elbow strikes and pull-ups and push-ups. Definitely feel it all around the shoulder; back on the shoulder blade, under the armpit, up on top near the clavicle...whatever I am doing, it is definitely working the shoulders!
Good thing it's the left, since my right shoulder is the old and busted one.
It also stopped me from going to fighting today at lunch like I usually do on Thursdays, which means I have  energy left to hit the dojo tonight and smack some wood!

Did a quick 5k run this morning. 5:15am start so near black when I started, gray when I finished. No music. Mind wandering around some potential presentations at work and a book I just finished read (first part of a trilogy.) Rained last night so was cool but not too wet.
Really, REALLY like running early in the morning...we'll see how long that lasts as it gets colder and colder! In preparation I got a cheap, light-weight wind-breaker top and some long runners leggings/spandex clingy tights thingies. Suppose they will help me stay warm but not overheat when I run in the cold...IF I run in the cold.
Running didn't bother my shoulder, don't imagine swinging a sword tonight will bother it much either. Being sore is good; forces me to relax!

2 comments:

  1. That soreness my man, is DOUBLE PUNCHES. I know it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in the morning cold's not so bad, I did it when marathon training. I'd get up at 4AM b/c I'd have to be at work by 7:30. Those clingy tights work well. I've even worn them in below freezing running conditions when I had to wear a bandana over my nose so I could breath in warmer air. It wasn't pleasant but it worked.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!