Thursday, October 7, 2010

diet FAIL

So had a bit of a crazy day; spent the morning at the local cell phone shop trying to return my brand new Android phone which simply did not work. Lovely lady put up with incessant ranting, upgraded the firmware, and fixed the damn thing! So then I spent the rest of the AM trying to figure out how to use it; what apps to install, how to maximize battery life, etc.
Went to fighting at lunch, no AM snack besides a bucks decaf, then rushed back to the office due to frantic harassment from my assistant. Turns out it was nothing; boss wanted me to work on some cost budgeting which I had already finished...but then he wanted it massively changed. So I spent SEVEN HOURS from 2pm - 9pm playing with spreadsheets until my eyes bled. Finally at lunch around 4pm. Tonight the head of equity trading was buying drinks on the veranda for a team-bonding evening, which I missed because I was bleeding from the eyes playing with spreadsheets.
Finally, after my eyes had bled dry, I decided to leave the office, skip the planned trip to the dojo, and simply came home.
Now I have eaten a fat carrot with some yummy edible rayu and finished it off with a nice juicy Japanese pear. I suspect my net calorie intake today was seriously, seriously negative.
Whatever; when I am focused on something I don't even notice being hungry. And thanks to PCP training and regular zazen, I can deal with hunger. It's no worse than an annoying headache, a hangnail, dealing with boring people, or listening to bad singing; that is what is, I just deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. You'll feel the results of this day in 4-5 days. Look out for major energy drop around then! I've been eating that rayu stuff too. It's everywhere now, some celebrity must have mentioned eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, don't eat right and feel it in 4-5 days? Crazy shit.

    Bleeding from the eyes sounds horrific, definitely would make me lose MY appetite.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!