Wednesday, October 20, 2010

weak week

Still sick...have been struggling to keep from getting sicker for several days now. So far so good, I reckon. No fever, throat is a bit better, though now my nose is runny and my head's a bit stuffed. Already at work several folks have been out with a fever.
Did a half workout with Patrick yesterday, felt alright this morning so did a full workout, but lost energy going into the back kicks.
Had a good breakfast, and at my lunch meeting had a fine bowl of tantanmen, but instead of black sesame I should have gone for spicier red.
Meetings and busy all afternoon so finally had a late dinner of kimchi, fish meatballs, an a couple small steamed onions and garlic cloves with edible rayu spicy sauce.
Way over-doing the salt I am sure, but the spices help I think. At least my theory is: eat spicy food to keep the body warm and the blood flowing; keep the nutrients moving around and everything will be good.

Think I am getting too skinny, in a bad way. I will probably lose more muscle mass before I get better and gain it back. Nice six-pack showing, though for entirely the wrong reasons. FTSP! I want my head to clear, my nose to stop running, my ears to stop stuffing every time I get in an elevator.

Anyway time for the nightly shot of Nyquil; it does wonders. I sleep sound and solid every night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you lots and lots of healing vibes, can you feel them? Get better, Ren! We need you strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucky man, but at least you've got the pack!

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!