Thursday, October 28, 2010

happy birthday

Realized it was our desk assistant's birthday today, so I quickly arranged for flowers and cake.
Massively uncool of me to not eat a piece of cake. So I guiltlessly ate a piece.
The cake itself was tiny, and my slice of it even tinier.
And it was AWESOME.
What is up with fancy-schmancy cakes in Japan? It smelled of roses and sported a few decorative rose petals. It was ringed in raspberries. The upper and lower pink crust was macaron; crunchy on the outside but delightfully squishy, almost doughy, on the inside. And the creamy cake filling hid sweet, juicy pieces of lychee.
Yeah, eating it was Not Appropriate for KFB, and it will add measurable millimeters of fat to my gut. But as we are fond of saying: FTSP. Life is for living. Tomorrow I will run a bunch extra and do pull-ups until I can't lift my arms. The universe will return to harmonic balance. And I will go on a hunt for my new love: macaron!

1 comment:

Share yer wisdom!