Monday, October 25, 2010

two weeks

In two weeks I will run my first official 10k for charity. Fortuitous timing, as I am now over my feeble seasonal cold, which I used as an excuse to slack, especially on meals.
No. More. Slacking.
From now on I will be significantly more anal about what I eat, and I will attempt to run every day, even if it's just a mediocre 3k. I also don't want to do anything injurious, so I will take it nice and slow.
Luckily the KFB exercises are getting more interesting, what with free-stylin' kicks and punches.
Plus I can definitely feel my core strengthening; Kung-Fu sits are much more doable; my arms get tired before my abs are done.
My weight is still bobbing all over the place; spent a few days really sick and hardly eating, then was ravenous and over-consumed as if making up for lost time. I guess it will all even out, and even when I binge it's generally on fruit (persimmons! apples!) and veggies (pumpkin! cucumbers!) so I don't feel too bad. Need to get that inner-gut-fat down I suspect. Funny, I still have a bit of a gut sticking out...but I can see the 6-pack over it. A most curious state of health!
Also all the kicks and punches are showing some sinewy progress on my limbs; all kindsa thin definition carving out muscles that back on PCP just got bigger.
So good progress all around, and I will rip and kill at will for the next two weeks, and then take it into the final weeks of KFB!

3 comments:

  1. Yes!! Love LL!!! I used to have a huge crush on him...kinda still do.

    No. More. Slacking. Ren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am ever required to do karaoke in English (Japanese is easy), I channel my inner gangsta and break out LL Cool J.
    I. Sets. The. House. On. FIRE. With. My. Lyrical. Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the abs on top of the gut. That happens to me too if I get sick. Glad you're feeling the core boost, once you get those muscles online you won't lose them EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!