Tuesday, October 12, 2010

onsen weekend

So spent the long weekend at Myojinkan onsen in Nagano.
Short version: totally awesome.
Long version: probably ate way too much fruit, but it was all so good; amazingly juicy grapes and apples especially. The family enjoyed the soba festival, but I refrained from partaking in that carbo-fest and instead had crunchy grasshoppers and big juicy apples and oyaki...plus the food at the onsen was typically amazing kaiseki-ryori (a million tiny little plates of a bunch of different stuff) and it's all fresh veggies and fishes and meats...skipped most of the rice but probably overdid it on everything else.
So I predict whatever gains I had from last week I ruined by over-eating. I did however walk about 5k a day, carrying an extra 15 kilos of child and child-stuff, so that probably helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share yer wisdom!