Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween brunch


Took the kids to The Brunch at The French Kitchen in The Grand Hyatt. Awesome as always. Supposedly it was a kids' Halloween special, but besides the pumpkin salad and bag of cookies the kids got, I didn't really get it. Then again, the brunch is so awesome it doesn't matter.
Before brunch I slept in late, then went for a run in the sort-of-rain-and-kind-of-cold. Wondering how crappy the weather will be for my 10k next weekend...
Also wondered, as I ate all the yummy brunch food and mindfully consumed to much french toast and dessert, how it was I wasn't way, WAY fatter back when I used to over-eat like this all the time. I mean, seriously, how did I manage to NOT weigh 90 kilos?!
Then again, I find it really hard to get fat eating piles of raw vegetables and fresh fruit. Of course, I find it easy to get fat if I slather my fruit in honey, chocolate sauce and maple syrup, and/or if I drown my vegetables in mayo, ranch dressing, and salted oil.
Interestingly, I had a small thing of chocolate and it was: mediocre. First of all, I am a total chocolate snob to begin with. Really only enjoy properly bitter dark chocolate; 87% is just right. Secondly, it is just too much sweet. Not sweet like Golden Kiwi Fruit or Jona-Gold apples, but sweet like piles of cane sugar. Can't handle that kind of sweet anymore, if I ever could to begin with.
Also really feeling the sugar high and crash. Couple hours after eating I could barely keep up with my kids screaming all around the slide park, and when we finally got home and I took a break on the couch, it took real effort to remove myself from the horizontal.
Wow, unstable blood sugar sucks. Would rather regulate with a banana or a cucumber anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the food - looks halloween-y just with the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!