Thursday, October 21, 2010

salad salad

Lunch meeting today. I had the foresight to make sure my boy arranged a proper lunch, so I had him contact my buddy Miri at Cravings and hook us up with a salad bar. It was primo: huge bowl of mixed greens with all kindsa toppings: mini tomatoes, croutons, tuna, boiled eggs, celery, cucumber, carrots, shrimp, bell peppers...and she also provided grilled chicken and some awesome meatballs. We feasted.
Then I busted-ass all day and finally got to the dojo in the evening to train with my man Elvis.
Came home late but was starving so piled in to a bowl of baby greens with spinach and amazing black vinegar onion dressing. Microwaved a couple of bell-peppers and grabbed a cucumber to dip into the garlic miso, and finally topped the salad with wife's stupendous sautéed konnyaku noodles, carrot, and bracken fern. Seriously could eat a kilo of that stuff.
Oh and a persimmon on the side.
Murphy's Law dictates that the week I order way, way too much food from the co-op grocery delivery service is the week I am sick and hardly eating AND have many meal meetings so don't bring a bento.
Needless to say, fridge is bursting with food so tomorrow I will GeMyStOn*!

* Get My Steam On

1 comment:

  1. Getcha steam on, getcha, getcha steam on!

    PCP/KFB soundtrack, anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!