Saturday, October 2, 2010

big walk saturday

Beautiful day today so I was outside practically the whole time. We went grocery shopping in the morning to load up on veggies. Thought it opened at 9:30 but actually didn't open until 10am, so had a quick iced decaf at bucks. After shopping, Jiji and Baba showed up so we went to the local Frenchie place for lunch, then said bye-bye to mom who had a dentist appointment.
I and jiji with a kid and stroller each took the bus to Shibuya, did a wee bit of shopping, then walked up to Harajuku, through Omotesando, to Nishi Azabu, then over to Roppongi Hills. Took about 2.5 hours. Took a little pee break at Hills, then hit the robot slide park before coming home.
So, even though all I did today was the workout in the morning before breakfast, and didn't go for a run like I wanted to, I think I got some good exercise walking and pushing a stroller for about 4 hours!
Finally just got home and ate an apple. Feet tired, mosquito bite on my elbow and forehead, but otherwise unscathed.

4 comments:

  1. Is it just me or is it Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr...mosquitos. They have been my nemesis and my teacher for the past couple years now. They sneak into my house through the cracks and eat me in my kitchen, in my office, buzz in my ears. Mosquitos have taught me patience and compassion for evil insects that make me itch constantly. I still kill them if I catch them sucking my blood, but I try not to kill them indiscriminately anymore. Key word in that sentence is TRY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mosquitoes exist solely to give me something to kill.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!