Thursday, October 28, 2010

intercepted!

Subtitle: how small children can assist in strict diet maintenance.

I have already blogged, back in my PCP days, about how my kids love to help / torture me whilst exercising.
And now I have figured out how they can assist in maintaing the diet as well.
To wit: Attempting to eat breakfast with a lap full of children is not conducive to over-eating.
Also note my son's hand and mouth position; the piece of food in my left hand, currently shown as in his mouth, was in fact intended for MY mouth, but it got intercepted and redirected, with a liberal application of force and baby teeth.
It was probably delicious. I will never know.
Also note the utterly unreachable distance between my hands and my food; the spoon taunting me from the bowl of Cheerios. The plate of tomato eggs tantalizingly out of reach, the fork just DARING me to attempt to grab it, thereby knocking my daughter's face into her cereal bowl and tossing my son onto the floor.

2 comments:

  1. Ah-ha! Now I see why kids are cute...when my cats try to get in my lap while I'm eating, they quite often get tossed (gently!) across the room. Perhaps if my cats were as adorable as your babies, then they'd be more successful at staying in my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as my son ACTS like a puppy, he is in fact human...so my wife has real issues when I push him off the chair and dump him on the floor. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!