Tuesday, October 12, 2010

update

Checked in with Patrick at the mother ship, after a relatively non-KFB 3-day weekend. As suspected, the ridiculously awesome gains from last week have been reversed a bit, but in general the one-month trend is good.
Lots of new stuff this week, too: elbow strikes and push kicks and good yoga-stretches. I think I like the stretching exercises the most. They really force me to calm down, slow down, and feel the progress. To me, stretches are much more about talking my muscles into agreeing to go deeper and farther, as opposed to some of the speed and power moves which are just bullying my muscles to MOVE! GO! HARDER! COME ON!
Also enjoying the As Many As You Want (AMAYW) veggies for lunch and dinner; two fewer portions to measure, and given how lazy I am that's always a plus.
Thigh doesn't hurt any more, either. Ran last night and it was fine, so will go for a long run tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Stretching is the sweetest science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recent gains were kind of scary good. maybe this is the relax before the next deep stretch...

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!