Tuesday, October 26, 2010

kharma

Subtitled: I Gets What's Coming To Me

Another reception at work -- Big Boss transferring to Singapore so his farewell party. I am doing well; lots of fresh seasonal veggies, so I stuff myself with baked sweet potatoes, salad leaves, carrots and onions...and pizza.
WTF IS UP WITH PIZZA?!
I don't even like it that much, and yet there I was eating it...and being as how I am quite allergic to and intolerant of dairy products, on the walk home I started feeling worse and worse.
Got into the shower just after taking the below photo. Chest and back and neck covered in big red itchy hives. Should have seen my head: felt like all the skin was stretched three times normal, ears were red and puffy, eyes itchy, nose running...
Sat in the shower for about twenty minutes alternating between dry-heaving and puking...wow but with my newly strengthened core and abs dry heaving is seriously painful! My jaw still hurts.
Finally crawled out of the shower and lay on the couch for a few minutes with my lovely wife giving me pitiful looks before I dragged myself to bed.

This is a good thing. Sometimes, it takes a huge smack of reality to remind me of the innate laws of nature. To wit: eat junk => feel like crap.
And here I was mouthing off all proud that I was going to have discipline and resolve. FAIL.
But a good, painful, disgusting fail. The kind that reminds me that I used to feel like that all the time, because I used to eat like that all the time.
Trust me, I now have NO desire to go anywhere near pizza for a long, long time. So, mission accomplished. Lesson learned. Again. For the umpteenth time.
Did yesterday's missed workout this morning. Feel like ass, it being The Morning After.
So completely Not Hungry. Maybe drink some tomato juice or something.
Will head to Patrick's this evening for my weekly well deserv'd humiliation; probably gained more fat and lost more muscle, being as I was sick last week and a slob all weekend. *sigh*
OK, so starting TODAY I will rip and kill and at will to get ready for my 10k run...

4 comments:

  1. So why didn't the allergy happen with the last pizza slip up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D! Is it bad that this post made me laugh out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my allergic reaction really depends on how healthy I am. Last pizza slip, I was coming off of several strong weeks of disciple and exercise. Last night I was coming off of a week of being sick and weak. Body just wasn't up to it, and it let me know in a BIG way.
    Still feel like ass.

    ReplyDelete

Share yer wisdom!